REI 012 » Anatomy of a Buy, Fix and Hold Investor
In this episode of Real Estate Investing Simplified we take an up-close and personal look at the anatomy of a successful buy, fix and hold investor.
You’ll enjoy an eye-opening, off-the-cuff conversation with an investor friend of mine named Daniil — a former, highfalutin Wall St bond trader who jumped ship, then carved out a nice little cashflow corner for himself in today’s real estate arena.
Rather than always chasing transactional income (flips) like so many of us do, Daniil’s all about building cash flow and long-term wealth. He’s got a specific plan of action he’s been executing for a while now and it’s working brilliantly for him.
What You’ll Learn…
I’ve invited Daniil to join me so I can give him the 3rd degree. Which has special meaning for him, since he was born and raised in Moscow. (Too soon?) We’ll crack open his business together, dissect it, find out what makes it tick, and why works so well for him. We’ll talk numbers, criteria, formulas, the whole shebang.
- Back Story: How he went from Wall St. bond trader to full-time real estate investor, and huge lessons learned through the process
- Dissecting: His exact business model, step by step
- Non-Negotiable: The 2 essential things he must see immediately in every deal
- Calculating: His exact formula for cherry picking the right deals
- Clarity: Speculating vs. Investing
- Show Me the Money: Using private money vs. using his own cash
- Financing: Exactly how he finances his deals (who to talk to, where to find them)
- Breakthrough: How to completely bust the 10 property limit
- Mythical Beast: Does the “cash out refi” actually still exist?
- Where the Magic Happens: Regional, portfolio lenders
- The Least: Min cash flow and equity he must see for any deal
- Where: Area types he’s drawn to most, and why
- Ups & Downs: Section 8, student housing, apts
- Virtual: Can this be done long distance, or local only?
- Managing & Leasing: Outsource or DIY?
- Historic Secret: Using the Historic Tax Credit to slash your tax bill by tens-of-thousands
- Exact Software: He uses to assess rehab costs
- Taming the Beast: How to keep this model from owning you, common pitfalls to avoid
This is some good stuff. Candid, off the cuff and vitamin packed. Daniil drops quite a few tasty nuggets for you, so I hope you enjoy crawling around inside his head with me for a little while.
Stuff Mentioned in This Episode
- Free Download: Daniil’s “Rehab Valuator” real estate deal analysis software (for Inner Circle members – see below)
- Watch: A short video revealing how Daniil evaluates rehab costs (Coming Soon)
- Portfolio Lenders: Try using a credit union directory, credit unions online, TheLocalBanker.com or the FDIC to jump-start your own search. Also see additional resource from SLL in Inner Circle resource links below.
- Fed Tax Credits: National Park Service
- State Tax Credits: Google “DHR + State” for the Dept of Historic Resources site for your state.
Private Resource for This Episode
- [Content protected for Inner Circle members only]
Bonus: Watch Daniil’s Rehab Valuator on One of His Deals
[Content protected for Inner Circle members only]
Not yet an Inner Circle member?
Why the heck not??? You’re totally missing out!
Please leave your comments on “Anatomy of a Buy, Fix and Hold Investor” Below…